Rustfix really works – it stops corrosion instantly and subverts even the deepest rust layers down to blank metal. Rustfix is thin, thus penetrating even the smallest pores. By phosphatizing, the corrosion-pitted, porous surface structure is chemically repaired, leaving behind a firm, clean metal surface ideally preconditioned for the final protective coating. The surface can then be easily painted, coated, tin or even zinc plated. No sandblasting & grinding needed! Derusting with Rustfix is way more profound than all mechanical methods, thus ensuring a longer term rust-free success.
WAGNER Rustfix does not corrode aluminium or non-ferrous metals, nor is soft or brazing solder affected in any way. When used as instructed, Rustfix is innocuous to paint and rubber. In high concentrations, extended immersion or if used undiluted, some types of paint and rubber can be damaged if drops or splashes are not neutralised and washed off with water in time.
Rustfix works reliably even at temperatures down to 0Â° Celsius and does not have to be warmed beforehand. Rustfix is easy to use, leaves no spots and can be disposed of via the sewage system.
The dark grey layer (phosphatisation) left by Rustfix on iron and steel effectively protects metal surfaces from rust. The protection can be made permanently by a suitable final protective treatment with a plastic coating, paint, resin, lacquer, tar, wax, tin or zinc.
The treatment with Rustfix improves rust protection and the adhesion of the final protective coating. On non-ferrous metal surfaces such as aluminum or zinc sheet, Rustfix is suitable for priming (pre-etching). Therefore it’s a good idea to also treat new, rust-free metals with Rustfix.
- Rustfix stops corrosion instantly, no sandblasting & grinding needed
- subverts even the deepest rust layers down to blank metal
- Rustfix is thin, thus penetrating even the smallest pores
- leaves a solid, clean, phosphatized surface ideally preconditioned for the final protective coating
- saves time and money, no derusting or priming required
- Rustfix should only be used on surfaces free of oil and grease
- Rustfix is ready for use and easy to apply.